XYZ news site respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our users and contributors to do the same. This document outlines our policies and procedures for addressing copyright infringement on our website.
All content on XYZ news site, including articles, images, videos, and audio recordings, is owned by us or our content providers and is protected by copyright laws. Unauthorized use of our copyrighted content is strictly prohibited.
Copyright Infringement Notification
If you believe that your copyrighted material has been used on our website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may submit a notification to our designated copyright agent. Your notification must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You may send your notification to our designated copyright agent at:
XYZ News Site Copyright Agent 123 Main St. Anytown, USA 12345 email@example.com
We may, in our discretion, remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material upon receipt of a valid notification. We may also terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
If you believe that your content was mistakenly removed or disabled as a result of a copyright infringement notification, you may submit a counter-notification to our designated copyright agent. Your counter-notification must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user whose content was removed or disabled;
- Identification of the content that was removed or disabled and the location where it appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located in the jurisdiction where you reside (or of the United States District Court for the jurisdiction where our website is located, if you reside outside of the United States); and
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted the original copyright infringement notification or their agent.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we may, in our discretion, reinstate the allegedly infringing content.
XYZ news site takes copyright infringement seriously and expects our users and contributors to do the same. If you have any questions or concerns about our copyright policy or procedures, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.